It’s tax season – here are some resources to help you navigate filing your taxes.
- Learn about your Taxes
- Newcomer Tax Fact Sheet
- Benefits and Credits for Newcomers to Canada (Video)
- Scams and Fraud awareness
- Free Tax Clinics
- CRA outreach officers
Are you new to Canada and looking for work?
Become a Connectee in the Connector Program and benefit from direct contact with people who are in the habit of making introductions and connecting others to opportunities. Through one-on-one meetings with Connectors who work in your field you will:
- Learn about the local job market
- Enhance your networking skills
- Build a professional network
- Improve your job search
How do I qualify?
Below are the common qualifications for most Connector Programs (please contact a program near you for specific program qualifications):
- Hold a valid work permit and have immigrated to Canada within the last five years.
- Currently living in Canada with the intent to work and stay in Canada.
- Have sufficient English or French language capability to be employable and to be functional to work in Canada.
- Employment ready with sufficient resume and interview skills.
There are 32 Connector Communities across Canada and 6 International Communities with more to come. For more information on the Connector Program, contact a program in your area today!
Click the buttons below for resources to help you prepare for the job market in Canada.
Canadian Workplace Culture
Labour Market Information
Key Industry Sectors
Resume Building Tips
For general information check out Job Junctions’ Job Search Tips and National Job Boards. If you are looking to transition to a new career, try “OpportuNext”, a career transition tool from Future Skills Centre.
Become a Connectee
To become a Connectee, please contact the Connector Program in your are